Mission Statement: The purpose of the SICB Digital Library is to provide peer-reviewed instructional materials, resources and activities in integrative and comparative biology for faculty to enhance undergraduate education at two- and four-year colleges and universities.
- Undergraduate education in integrative and comparative biology should take advantage of current pedagogical and scientific research.
- Peer-review ensures high quality scholarship in research and education
- Effective learning environments require clear expectations of what students are expected to learn and assessments of outcomes.
- Inquiry should characterize these learning environments.
- Hands-on activities, collaborative investigations, and innovative uses of technology improve the learning environments for students and faculty.