News & Announcements
- Annual meeting attendance was robust despite travel woes.
- Executive Committee Actions:
- SICB forms a new Division of Ecoimmunology and Disease Ecology
- New Orleans chosen as the 2017 annual meeting site.
- SICB presents honorary memberships to Plenary speaker Randy Olson and Moore lecturer Ross Nehm.
- Mike Hadfield receives the first “M. Patricia Morse Award for Excellence and Innovation in Science Education.”
- Dan Warner presents Bart lecture.
- Lou Guillette presents Bern lecture.
- Connie O’Connor wins Dorothy Skinner Award.
- SICB announces search for new editor of Integrative and Comparative Biology as Editor Hal Heatwole steps down in 2016 after ten years of service.
Best Student Presentation Winners receive awards sponsored by Wiley/Blackwell. Award winners are announced.
Experiences in Integrative and Comparative Biology
by Martin E. Feder
Dancing Lessons from God
"We have much to learn from (and teach) one another. The exact lesson, however, is highly unpredictable, often unintended, and sometimes not obvious for years."