Poster authors must be available at their poster during their session's Question & Answer period. For set-up and take-down times please refer to the online schedule grid which will be available in the next few weeks.
Each poster mounting board is approximately 4 feet tall by 8 feet wide; it stands approximately 30 inches off the floor. There will be several feet of space between rows of poster boards. One (1) poster will be mounted on each side of the board.
The boards have a usable area of 3'10" high x 7'8" wide (one side of the poster board). Be prepared with your own material (push pins and velcro) to secure items to the boards.
Each poster is required to contain a panel listing the title of the abstract, the name(s) of the author(s) and a copy of your abstract in large type.
The following guidelines may prove helpful in the preparation of your poster.
- Use a large font size, and bullet your major points. Text should be printed in fonts of about 3/8" height.
- Keep the text to a minimum - most posters contain far too much text.
- Attractive charts, tables and graphics will greatly increase the effectiveness of any poster. Illustrations and tables should be kept relatively simple to maximize legibility. Avoid "artsy" style and keep captions brief.
- Lines in graphs should be heavy. Choose colors that are easily distinguishable from one another. Symbols, letters and numbers should be large enough to be seen from a distance of six feet.
- It's easier to read a poster if the information is arranged in vertical columns rather than horizontal strips.