NOTE: Need to apply for a visa? Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/
SICB Annual Meeting 2014
SICB Annual Meeting 2014
January 3-7, 2014
Austin, TX - Hilton Austin
For a Visa Invitation letter please email JDrupa@BurkInc.com
Exhibitors and Advertisement
- Exhibitor Information
- Advertising Information
- Sponsorship Information
- Secure Online Meeting Registration
- Meeting Brochure (PDF) including printable registration form (via FAX or postal mail)
For information on exhibiting, sponsorship and advertising please contact Siobhan Tabor STabor@burkinc.com
Presenter Deadline is 8 November 2013 - Early Fee Deadline is 6 December 2013
Randy Olson "Storytelling skills: Now mandatory for a career in science."
Randy Olson is a scientist-turned filmmaker, who earned his Ph.D. with former SICB President Ken Sebens. Randy was a Professor of Marine Biology at the University of New Hampshire until he became an independent filmmaker. Randy is the creator of "Flock of Dodos," a documentary film focused on controversies associated with teaching evolution in schools, and "Sizzle: A Global Warming Comedy," both award-winning films. He is also the author of "Don't Be Such a Scientist: Talking Substance in an Age of Style," which presents a model for effective communication of technical information to a broad audience.
- Bartholomew Award Lecture Sat Jan 4, 7-8 PM, 4th Floor Ballroom
- Bern Lecture Sun Jan 5, 7-8 PM, 4th Floor Ballroom
- Moore Lecture Tues Jan 7, 4-5 PM, 4th Floor Ballroom
Awards & Contests
The Broadening Participation committee is accepting about 14 more applications for travel awards ($500 each) for postdocs and asst. professors for Austin 2014. Contact Michele Nishiguchi directly for an application form via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a favorite photomicrograph you'd like others to see? It could be the winner! The 2014 Buchsbaum Photo Contest, sponsored by the American Microscopical Society, will be held during the SICB meeting. The contest is a memorial to Ralph Buchsbaum, pioneer in cell and tissue culture of animals and champion of photomicrography, and its aim is to encourage microscopical-biological photography. Details can be found on the American Microscopical Society's website: http://amicros.org/?page_id=9
Hotel and Travel
Annual Meeting Registration Fee Schedule
First fee is through 6 Dec 2013, second is after 6 Dec 2013; member fees are for those paying 2013 SICB annual dues.
- SICB Loyal Member (member for last 3 years) $275, $335
- SICB Member $330, $390
- SICB Student Member $99, $160
- SICB Postdoc or Emeritus Member $220, $280
- Non-member but joining SICB as a "full member" - includes membership $440, $500
- Non-member $440, $500
- Student Non-member but joining SICB - includes membership $140, $200
- Student Non-member $440, $500
- Postdoc Non-member but joining SICB - includes membership $270, $330
- Postdoc Non-member $440, $500
- High School and Community College Teachers $99, $160
- Companion $77, $105
- One Day Only $165, $220
- Full Members of co-sponsoring Societies (AMS, ABS, and TCS) are eligible for the SICB member rate
- Student rates apply only to SICB student members.