SICB Annual Meeting 2014
January 3-7, 2014
Workshops & Programs
- Student First Timer/Student Worker Orientation "How to Get the Most Out of Your SICB Meeting", Friday (1/3), 5:30 PM, Governor's Ballroom
- NSF Program Directors Report: Recent outcomes of the IOS pre-proposal process, with Q&A. Monday, Jan. 6, 7-8 PM, Room 415
NSF will describe outcomes from the ongoing three-year pilot in the use of pre-proposal submissions to the IOS Core Programs.
- Student/Postdoctoral Affairs Workshop: "Developing a web presence", Sunday, Jan. 5, Noon-1:30 PM Salon C
- Workshop: "Parasites and links to host phenotype" Monday, Jan. 6, 7-9 PM, Room 602
- NSF workshop: "How NEON can be useful for organismal biologists" Sunday, Jan. 5, Noon-1:30 PM, Room 415
- Broadening Participation Committee Workshop: "Recruitment strategies to obtain a diverse and thriving lab/department" Saturday, Jan. 4, Noon-1:30 PM, Salon A.
- Broadening Participation Committee Workshop: "Writing grants and manuscripts in a timely manner" Monday, Jan. 6, Noon-1:30 PM, Room 416
- Public Affairs Committee Workshop: "Storymaking with the WSP Model" with Randy Olson Saturday, Jan. 4, Noon-1:30 PM, Salon D
- Workshop: How to communicate your research to news outlets Saturday, Jan. 4, 7 PM, Room 406
- TALX Workshop: Teaching and Learning Evolution (with an emphasis on non-majors and introductory majors) Tuesday, Jan. 7, Noon