IF YOU HAVEN'T SUBSCRIBED YET
Dear fellow SICB members, as you know, SICB is a sponsor of the new journal, EVOLUTION & DEVELOPMENT. The journal's mission is to integrate those disciplines that contribute to our understanding how form evolves. The journal is in its second year of publication, and has attracted exceptional papers covering the spectrum of evo-devo experimental and theoretical issues, from the micro- vs macro-evolution controversy to chelicerate Hox genes.
Upcoming papers include:
- Morphogenesis of the turtle shell: the development of a novel structure in tetrapod evolution.
- Bias in the introduction of variation as an orienting factor in evolution.
- Phenotypic and dynamical transitions in model genetic networks.
- Additional hox clusters in the zebrafish: divergent expression patterns belie equivalent activities of duplicate hoxB5 genes
- Animal phylogeny and the ancestry of bilaterians: inferences from morphology and 18S rDNA gene sequences.
In addition, the papers from the "Starting for Fins: Parallelism in the Evolution of Limbs and Genitalia" 2001 SICB symposium will be published in the Nov/Dec issue.
The journal is indexed by SciSearch, ISI, Current Contents, and we've just been picked up by Medline. EVOLUTION & DEVELOPMENT is available to SICB members for an individual subscription price that represents a discount of about 25% of costs to non-members -- $64 for US members. This is a very good bargain. Information about the journal can be found at www.blackwell-synergy.com
. To subscribe as an SICB member call 1-888-661-5800.
If you haven't subscribed, or if your subscription has lapsed, I hope that you will take this opportunity to become part of the evo-devo revolution.
Rudy Raff, Editor, EVOLUTION & DEVELOPMENT