2016 Annual Meeting
DOROTHY M. SKINNER AWARD
Deadline: October 20, 2015
Inquiries about the award can be directed to Brett Burk at 1-800-955-1236, FAX 703-790-2672, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Dorothy Skinner, a long-time member of the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology and The Crustacean Society, was an exceptional scientist and an advocate for the promotion of women in scientific careers. The award was established to recognize women in the early stages of their careers who have demonstrated outstanding scholarship and show high potential for continued excellence in research. It provides travel support for women Ph.D. students and/or postdoctoral fellows to present their research at the annual SICB meetings.
Dear Award Applicant:
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your application for the Dorothy M. Skinner Award. In order to be eligible you must fulfill all of the following:
- Be a female member of SICB for 2015.
- Be the presenting author (i.e., have submitted an abstract for the 2016 Annual Meeting)
- Complete the electronic application form in its entirety before the deadline; failure to do so will make you ineligible for this award. Only electronic applications are allowed.
- Submit the completed electronic application by October 20, 2015.
- Include a Curriculum Vitae including a list of any papers published and oral and poster presentations at meetings. Include a statement of your research interests, no more than one page in length, and combine it into one PDF along with your CV. This MUST be a single file in PDF format and less than 2 MB in size.
- Have one letter of support submitted via our letter form: http://sicb.org/students/skinnerletter.php. One letter is required and only one is allowed.
- Important: Please provide your recommender with the same email address used in this application, since we use this information to attach the letters to the appropriate award application.
- When the letter of support has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant and the letter writer.
The Application for the 2016 Annual Meeting is closed. `