2017 Annual Meeting
DOROTHY M. SKINNER AWARD
Deadline: October 25, 2016
Inquiries about the award can be directed to Brett Burk at 1-800-955-1236, FAX 703-790-2672, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Dorothy Skinner, a long-time member of the Society for Integrative and Comparative Biology and The Crustacean Society, was an exceptional scientist and an advocate for the promotion of women in scientific careers. This award was established to recognize women in the early stages of their careers who have demonstrated outstanding scholarship and show high potential for continued excellence in research. Ph.D. students and postdoctoral scholars are eligible. One recipient is chosen each year. In 2015 there were 64 applicants; in the past, recipients have primarily been postdoctoral fellows. The award provides travel support for the recipient to present her research at the annual SICB meeting.
Dear Award Applicant:
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your application for the Dorothy M. Skinner Award. In order to be eligible you must fulfill all of the following:
- Be a female member of SICB for 2016.
- Be the presenting author on a submitted abstract for the 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Complete the electronic application form in its entirety before October 25, 2016. Failure to do so will make you ineligible for this award. Only electronic applications are allowed.
- Completion of the electronic application form includes submission of a Curriculum Vitae and Research Interest Statement by October 25, 2016. The CV must include a list of publications and meeting presentations (both talks and posters). The research interest statement must be a maximum of one page in length and should include information about your past and current scholarship as well as your future plans. The combined CV / Research Interest Statement MUST be a single file in PDF format and less than 2 MB in size. Follow the instructions on the electronic application form to upload this single file.
- Have one letter of support submitted via our letter form: http://sicb.org/students/skinnerletter.php. One letter is required and only one is allowed.
- Important: You must provide your recommender with the same email address used in this application. We use an automated system to attach the letters to the appropriate application using the submitted email address information. If the email addresses do not match, the letter of support will not be attached to the application.
- When the letter of support has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant and the letter writer. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check that the confirmation email has been sent to the same address that the applicant used in the application.
- Both the completed application and the letter of support must be submitted by October 25, 2016. Only complete applications (which include letters of support) will be reviewed.
Please fill in this application form for the Dorothy M. Skinner Award, upload your CV / Research Interest Statement, and click on "Send application" at the bottom of the form to complete the application process!
You are required to be the presenting author to qualify and must be a member of SICB.
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY: October 25, 2016.